Related Services

How can we help today?

Get In Touch ›

The University of Michigan football stadium was originally constructed in 1927 of cast-in-place concrete enclosed by a brick and limestone façade. The stadium was expanded in the 1950’s to accommodate more than 100,000 spectators and expanded again in 1997 to its present size of 111,000 seats. Years of seasonal temperature change had caused cumulative movement of masonry and stone materials and general deterioration of the masonry façade. Walker was retained to perform an assessment of the façade to determine the location and extent of deterioration and to design repairs to address deterioration and make improvements to extend the life of the façade.

Related Projects