The Steger and Gibbons buildings are located in the heart of the Loop and were both designed by the renowned architectural firm of Marshall and Fox. The19-story Steger building was constructed in 1910 and the 13-story Gibbons building was constructed in 1912. The Pickwick Stables is located between the two structures and was known as one of the few structures in the City to survive the Chicago fire. Campus Acquisitions acquired the buildings and decided to repurpose these historic buildings into apartments and dormitories for the local universities. Walker was retained by the lead architectural firm to head up the restoration of the historic façades. Walker performed a comprehensive close-up examination of the façades of both buildings and developed a detailed scope of repairs based on a five-year repair and maintenance program. The repairs included repair of the brick and terra cotta façade, replacement of severely damaged or missing terra cotta and masonry units and waterproofing. Walker also performed the construction observations and provided input and direction on unforeseen conditions uncovered during the façade restoration.