Kirby is a Principal and Director of Restoration for the Washington, DC office. He has more than 20 years of experience in the evaluation, design, and associated consultation of new and existing building structures of all types. His experience has been in the forensic investigation, evaluation, and remediation of existing building defects and deficiencies related to various building envelope and structural systems as well as building envelope consulting for new construction projects.
Kirby’s projects have included commercial, large scale residential, and institutional buildings, and involve balcony and garage repair, exterior facade repair, building envelope repairs and modifications, including thermal control provisions to address costly sprinkler pipe freeze-up conditions, foundation stabilization, structural strengthening, water intrusion investigation, building envelope consultation (including waterproofing fenestration, and roofing) exterior wall collapse and stabilization and repair, condominium transition studies and associated consultation, due diligence reports, as well as expert witness services.
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University
- Community Associations Institute
- International Facility Management Association
- International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (formerly RCI)
- Association for Preservation Technology – Washington DC Chapter
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- International Concrete Repair Institute