Walker Consultants provides Property Condition Assessments (PCA) and reports for a variety of clients. Aimed at building owners, developers, and investors who wish to gain an understanding of a facility’s condition prior to a potential real estate or financial transaction, the PCA outlines the overall condition of the facility, as well as the property’s general compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Our consultants evaluate the site conditions and in-place building systems, including the roof, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Our report identifies any immediate or near-term remediation required and provides a range of probable repair costs. We note any deficiencies that may impede use by individuals with disabilities. We also project the cost to maintain the property over time, with a given reserve schedule.
PCAs are generally used during asset transactions such as equity, acquisition, disposition, debt level, re-finance, lease renewal, or existing condition assessment. Our reports are often used by clients during negotiations or financing. We are accustomed to completing our work within the compressed timeframe imposed by transactions.
Walker’s PCA team includes architects; structural, civil, mechanical/electrical/plumbing engineers; and accessibility consultants. We value our relationship with our clients and consider it a partnership. Our guiding principle is to provide value through exceptional quality of work and attention to detail.
A Walker Consultants PCA typically includes the following services:
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request
- Site civil and site amenities
- Building foundation/structure/envelope/enclosure
- Interior finishes
- Vertical transportation
- Fire/life safety, fire protection, and fire alarm system
- Accessibility screening
Accessibility Consulting (ADA/FFHA/UFAS)
At Walker, we care about promoting a barrier-free environment for individuals with disabilities. Accessibility is important to us, not only because it helps disabled individuals, but it enables a property to thrive from more potential business. We have evaluated multifamily housing, commercial development, schools, medical facilities, and outdoor recreation facilities. We provide the client with a reliable and knowledgeable team who specialize in accessibility surveys and construction observations. Accessibility consulting services include:
- Conducting assessments of existing facilities to determine compliance with accessibility standards
- Peer review of architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and civil drawings to identify accessibility issues before construction
- Consulting during construction with designers and contractors in regards to ADAFHAA/UFAS compliance
- Conducting presentations on accessibility requirements and recommendations for the designated type of project
- Periodic inspections during construction to determine compliance with the project documents and ADA/FHAA/UFAS requirements
Existing Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems are important components of a building and we can provide assessments of these systems to help clients assess aspects for maintenance and optimization. Walker can provide services to help with this which include but is not limited to the following:
- HVAC Consulting
- Mechanical Equipment Condition Assessment
- Building Energy Performance Assessment
- Energy Audits (Level I, II)
- Building Energy Performance and Improvement Evaluations
- Vertical Transportation Evaluation and Consulting
- Fire/Life Safety System Evaluation and Consulting
- Plumbing System Evaluation and Consulting