Walker Consultants provides Property Condition Assessments (PCA) and reports for a variety of clients. Aimed at building owners, developers, and investors who wish to gain an understanding of a facility’s condition prior to a potential real estate or financial transaction, the PCA outlines the overall condition of the facility, as well as the property’s general compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Our consultants evaluate the site conditions and in-place building systems, including the roof, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Our report identifies any immediate or near-term remediation required and provides a range of probable repair costs. We note any deficiencies that may impede use by individuals with disabilities. We also project the cost to maintain the property over time, with a given reserve schedule.
PCAs are generally used during asset transactions such as equity, acquisition, disposition, debt level, re-finance, lease renewal, or existing condition assessment. Our reports are often used by clients during negotiations or financing. We are accustomed to completing our work within the compressed timeframe imposed by transactions.
Walker’s PCA team includes architects; structural, civil, mechanical/electrical/plumbing engineers; and accessibility consultants. We value our relationship with our clients and consider it a partnership. Our guiding principle is to provide value through exceptional quality of work and attention to detail.
A Walker Consultants PCA typically includes the following services:
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request
- Site civil and site amenities
- Building foundation/structure/envelope/enclosure
- Interior finishes
- Vertical transportation
- Fire/life safety, fire protection, and fire alarm system
- Accessibility screening
Walker provides accessibility consulting and assessments for new construction, existing construction, and litigation:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Federal Fair Housing Act (FFHA)
- Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS)
- HVAC consulting
- Mechanical equipment condition assessment
- Building energy performance assessment
- Energy audits (level I and II)
- Building energy performance and improvement evaluations
- Vertical transportation evaluation and consulting
- Fire/life safety system evaluation and consulting
- Plumbing system evaluation and consulting