DePaul University’s 19-story Richard M. and Maggie C. Daley Building was originally designed by Marshall & Fox and built in 1913 for Lytton and Sons, a department store. The steel frame building has a terra cotta, granite and brick cladding. In 2008 DePaul University purchased the building to use as classrooms and offices.
Walker Consultants performed façade assessments to identify necessary repairs and maintenance. Walker then designed repairs and provided construction oversight for maintenance of the terra cotta and other masonry. Walker designed a replica cornice made from glass fiber reinforced concrete to replace the original terra cotta cornice that had been removed by previous ownership. Walker also oversaw the replacement of the original wood frame windows with modern designs that retain the original look.