Gary Syslo is a Senior Restoration Consultant in Walker’s Chicago office. He has extensive experience in building envelope consulting including new construction commissioning, existing construction evaluation and repair specification for concrete, masonry, metal and glass facades, fluid and sheet-applied waterproofing systems, and built-up and membrane roofing assemblies.
Gary is a skilled rope access technician and qualified consultant in compliance audit, design, load testing, and inspection of fall protection and façade access systems for mid and high-rise buildings in accordance with applicable OSHA and building code requirements.
Gary has also worked with numerous client types in the hospitality, medical, education, commercial, residential, and public sectors performing construction monitoring and property and facility condition assessments, providing support in mitigating risk and planning repairs and capital improvements.
- M.S., Structural Engineering, University of Wisconsin, Platteville, WI
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- LEED Accredited Professional, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Rating Systems, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Level 2 Rope Access Technician, Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians (SPRAT)
- Fenestration Master, American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA)
- SAP Evaluator, Safety Assessment Program – Post Earthquake Evaluation of Buildings, California Office of Emergency Services (CalOES)